I got home and tried out the iParts examples with my team and bumped into an unexpected surprise: it doesn't appear that I can access the asiweb controls from the toolbox in Design mode.
That means I can't:
- See a list of controls in the toolbox
- Drag and drop a control onto my iPart
- Double-click a control to create and bind a default event (_Click or _Change)
- Right-click the tag in Markup view and get options I get for ASP.NET controls.
- Refactor>Rename the control in Source view and update the markup automatically.
Is there some way I can educate Visual Studio about the existence of these controls so I can work with them more naturally? I hope I'm not forgetting something obvious.